Tuesday, October 7, 2008
COCONUT BLOSSOM [Yochana]
3 nos. cold eggs
250 gm. sugar
10 ozs. (about 280 to 300 gm.) Softasilk flour or any superfine flour (Hong Kong flour)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. ovalette
130 gm. (5 ozs.) coconut cream (can buy the box coconut milk e.g. Kara)
30 gm. pandan juice (blend about 6 pandan leaves)
1 tsp. pandan paste
(1) Beat all the ingredients together until thick and fluffy.
(2) Scoop 1 Tbsp. of batter into madeleine mould (lined with paper cup), top up with 1 tbsp. of coconut filling and then another 1 Tbsp. of batter.
(3) Steam over high heat for 15 mins.
250 gm. grated coconut
30 gm. castor sugar
100 gm. gula melaka
60 gm. water
1 tsp. cornflour
2 pcs. pandan leaves - cut into small pieces
(1) Cook sugar, gula melaka and water in a wok till sugar melts.
(2) Add in grated coconut and pandan leaves and fry till dry.
(3) Sprinkle cornflour on top and stir till well mixed.
(4) Cool before using.
notes: sy gunakan inti kacang merah.